Business Basics 1
Business Isn't Scary! We'll Show You...
This online course is designed to support women who have a business, nonprofit, or project idea, who are taking over a family business/buying a business, or who have a few ideas but are not sure where to start. Designed to women but open to all! This course empowers women with a vision to take actionable steps to move their idea forward. This course content is based on principles of lean startup and design-thinking methods.
Course starts January 8th, 2024 and ends on February 16th, 2024
- Actionable steps to starting your business, nonprofit, or community project idea.
- An introduction to female, Montana founders and business leaders and their compelling thoughts on starting businesses.
- An overview to Lean Startup principles and creating an Minimum Viable Product: getting customers and acquiring their feedback with an imperfect, but good product/service.
- A brief foundation to startup skills (legal, value proposition, competition, business model canvas etc.) where we see many people starting out require additional assistance. We provide enough guidance to get you started as we can only go into so much in three weeks!
- Opportunities to build relationships with like-minded women through digital cohorts.
- Flexible online delivery: Work is done on your own time, online, with deadlines. Optional, virtual labs one-two times per week in a lab where you can ask questions and connect with peers.
Blackstone LaunchPad Manager
Sarah has been with Accelerate Montana and Blackstone LaunchPad since February 2022.
Sarah has extensive experience working with startups & entrepreneurs, managing business operations, marketing & outreach activities, event planning, community building, and is passionate about all aspects of entrepreneurship.
Prior to joining Accelerate Montana, she was the Director of a Small Business Development Center at Washington State University & the Director of Business Development for a county in Washington State. Where she assisted small businesses & entrepreneurs with developing & improving their business management skills to effectively start or manage a business, as well as managed co-working spaces, and business incubators.
- Starts Monday January 8th, 2024 and ends Friday February 16th, 2024. We use an accelerated, 6 week delivery.
- Business Basics 1 is an online course where work is done independently and autonomously to meet deadlines. For $199, this course includes course material and a weekly instructor session.
- Wednesday virtual evening lab available for questions, occasional guest speakers, and virtual relationship building with course-mates. Recordings of live sessions are also available for you to view on your own time.
- Spots Available: 60 (first-come, first-served)
- Pre-requisites: while we recommend taking the original Pursue Your Passions course first to learn introductions to frameworks and gather validation, you can still take this course first if you want to jump in full force.
- Our courses are held in the WELL Community, a network that includes a slew of other courses (paid and free), events, groups, and space to collaborate with other like-minded women.
Need Help Paying?
Funding is likely available to you from the city, state, and sometimes us at WELL WBC based on your qualifications. Options include:
- Your local Job Service usually offers programs to support trainings.
- The state's Incumbent Worker grant offers support for trainings.
- The Women's Entrepreneurship and Leadership Lab contributes five (5) scholarships at $75. Please email Morgan Slemberger to be considered with a two-sentence explanation as to why this would help you. First-come, first-serve, and others will be placed on a scholarship waiting list.