Get Comfortable Managing Your Finances
Get Comfortable Managing Your Finances is a micro-course included in the Montana Women’s Business Recovery Series, funded by the EDA. Accelerate Montana is launching this series to support Montana women, who are current or aspiring business owners in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our goal is to provide real-world solutions for businesses that can be implemented based on practical, hands-on learning.
Poor financial management can cause extreme financial and emotional stress, but it doesn't’ have to. In this micro-course, you will learn strategies to manage finances during challenging times and put your business on the right path.
- This course includes 6 modules with a variety of hands on activities, videos, readings, and community topic discussions.
- In total, courses comprise up to a total of 16 learning hours to be completed online at your own pace.
- These micro-courses live in the WELL WBC Mighty Networks Platform. This will allow for additional opportunities to connect with peers, mentors, and access to additional resources and trainings.
- This course is offered all the time and you can drop in to take without any schedule, any instructor, and any deadlines or firm deliverables.
Shakenna K. Williams
Executive Director of the Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership at Babson College
With over 15 years’ experience as an owner of two entrepreneurial ventures, Dr. Williams is active in community development and frequently volunteers with many organizations by serving as a coach and mentor to women and young girls. She also offers guidance to business owners regarding entrepreneurship and small business development.
- Taking a deep dive into where your money is going
- Identifying the right tools to make financial management easier.
- Financial management should not be stressful. Learn strategies to get comfortable managing finances
- Traditional budgets can be daunting, but this one is easy as pie. Create realistic daily and category- based spending plans that track your current spending. Participants will identify poor spending habits.
- Discuss the various money personalities - frugal, a status-seeker, pleasure-oriented or seeking power through money?
- Motivations for your businesses - develop a positive money attitude
- secure and unsecured debt, the 5 C’s of Credit, credit score and much more.
Our Online Community
When registering for this course, you will also gain access to our online community
Pay What You Can
We have three different prices for you to choose from in order to make this course and membership bundle accessible to as many people as possible.
Benefits of our online community include:
- Group Business coaching.
- COVID-specific business coaching.
- Statewide connections to current/aspiring women business owners and professionals.
- Space to collaborate with peers.
- Virtual member speed-networking and happy hour events.
- VIP guest speakers and events.
- Small group opportunities to develop authentic relationships.
On a budget at the moment? No worries – we want everyone to be able to access this resource. You can always decide to change memberships if things change.
I have a moderate income and understand that this cost will help to cover administrative costs associated with hosting this platform.
This plan comes with 1 month free.
I have a moderate income and understand that this cost administrative expenses and marketing expenses to reach rural and indigenous audiences. Also I understand that my contribution will go to provide discounts for other students who cannot afford these membership right now.