Pursue Your Passions Course
For Women Who Are Curious About Starting Something
Explore your values and see how they play into the possibility of starting something- a business, nonprofit, or project at your work- even if you're considering buying a business. All of these are arguably entrepreneurial pursuits, so allow yourself time to think deeply on how your passions play into possibilities. Also, the biggest impact is the statewide connections to other women who are equally as curious as you.
- Introductions to inspirational women role models and research.
- Prompts to challenge your experiences and assumptions within male-engineered systems.
- Get your feet wet in entrepreneurial frameworks applicable inside the workforce as well as for your own organizational idea.
- Practical applications in basic design-feedback loops, market investigation, and customer validation.
- Opportunity to build relationships through digital cohorts with like-minded women.
- One month free in our Mighty Network online community that includes group business coaching and an open space to collaborate with other like-minded women.
- Flexible format: Work is done on your own time, online, to meet deadlines. Optional online, live labs, small groups, and virtual networking sessions will meet one-two times per week to further online connections.
Kassi is an entrepreneur and digital marketer who is passionate about helping new entrepreneurs start their own businesses to create lives they love. Kassi received her BA in Psychology from the University of Montana and has since helped market and grow a wide variety of businesses. From copy writing for a local food company to creating long-term business and marketing strategy for venture-backed tech startups, she has a strong understanding of what it takes to create and grow a successful business. While completing her degree at UM, Kassi participated in the Pursue Your Passions program during which she started her first small business, Crepe Cuisine. She is excited to help course participants dive into their passions and explore relevant business opportunities. In 2020, Kassi participated in the Techstars Boulder accelerator with Charmed, a tech startup that she was connected to through the Blackstone LaunchPad. During her experience in the accelerator, she was able to explore the world of technology and startups on an even deeper level while learning a wide variety of ideation and business development techniques.
- Starts Monday September 20, ends Friday, October 29: it will be an accelerated, 9 week delivery.
- Online: work is done independently and autonomously to meet deadlines
- Optional Tuesday evening lab from 6:00-7:30 PM for questions, occasional guest speakers, and virtual relationship building with classmates (can also watch recordings of live sessions on your own time)
- Spots Available: 100 (first-come, first-served)
- For students with children who may benefit from a childcare stipend for class time, please contact the online program manager.
Registration closes DATE
Pay What You Can
Pursue Your Passions has three different prices for you to choose from in order to make this course accessible to as many people as possible. Choose whatever price works best for you at this point of time. If you require additional assistance beyond what is listed please email the online program manager for scholarship opportunities.
I'm on a budget and understand this price will primarily cover the cost of instruction.
50% discount off the full price
I have a moderate income and understand this price will help cover the cost of instruction and some administrative expenses.
25% discount off the full price
I have a moderate income and understand this price will help cover the cost of instruction, administrative expenses and marketing expenses to reach rural and tribal audiences.
Also I understand that $20 of my contribution will go to provide discounts for other students who cannot afford these courses right now.